Successfully Transitioning Youth to Adolescence (STYA), an initiative funded by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), utilizes a positive youth development approach to ease the transition of preteen youth into young adulthood. The purpose of the initiative is to develop, enhance, or expand prevention programs aimed at delaying the onset of adolescent pregnancy and childbearing. The YWCA of Syracuse and Onondaga County is seeking a Youth Development Specialists that will assist the Youth Development Coordinator with activities that support the desired outcomes of the program. Position Summary: The Youth Development Specialist is responsible for leading of various activities and assisting with the supervision of program participants. The successful candidate is subject to criminal background check.
The position responsibilities for this part-time/hourly position include but are not limited to:
• Assisting program coordinator with program/curriculum implementation. • Assist with the supervision of participants.
• Assist Program Coordinator to create fun, exciting programs for kids of all ages.
• Care for all equipment, supplies, records and facilities.
• Help in clean the program area when activities are done.
• Providing input and support to the Program Coordinator to improve the program
• Maintains order in areas used by the After School Program
• Other duties may be assigned Position Qualifications:
• Passionate about working with youth and in youth development.
• A high school diploma is required.
• Ability to communicate and build respectful relationships with caregivers.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate youth.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly desired.
• Energetic and creative
• Previous experience working with youth.
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday from 3:15pm to 5:15pm. (Hours subject to change)
How to apply: Interested applicants should send resume, letter of intent as well as 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.